52 Weeks of Storytelling
What would it mean to have 52 stories written down about your life or help someone else write down 52 stories about their life?
By writing just one page per week, you or someone you love can create a 52-page book over the course of a year.
Restoring Human Dignity Using Storytelling
The 52 Weeks of Storytelling program provides a chance for people of all ages to share their story, one week at a time. By writing just one page per week, participants can create a 52-page book over the course of a year. This book can be about anything they like, from their childhood memories to their hopes and dreams for the future. Not only is this a great way to preserve precious memories, but it's also an excellent way to connect with others.
This a great activity to use in care facilities and over Zoom for families during visiting hours. Helping someone else tell their story is one step towards restoring human dignity.
Benefits of using 52 Weeks of Storytelling
On an individual level, storytelling can help to boost self-esteem and confidence, improve communication skills, and increase creativity.
For the listener, storytelling can promote empathy and understanding, provide entertainment, and help to foster a sense of connection.
Grab the Journal
You didn’t think I would leave you without a map, did you? I’m using the 52 Ways to Write Your Story in a Year With Guided Prompts to guide the prompts every week. You can grab it as a printable PDF from Etsy or head over to Amazon and order a hot off-the-press-bound copy.
Some things that have happened for people as they have been writing and using the journal and could happen for you…
- Become more mindful and aware of your decisions in life
- Learn more about yourself by exploring your family history
- Get to know who you are and what makes you tick
- Get inspired to write a memoir
Why Listen to Me
- Trained over 80 students and staff to work in care facilities with residents to help them tell their life stories
- Guided over 100 people through Legacy Projects
- Published over 70 individual life storybooks
- Countless families and individuals have used the Legacy Recorder to work together to tell their stories around the globe
- Directed & managed the creation of a video series to illustrate the impact of the program on university students