With the music in the stores switching over and the realization that the Yule Time is rapidly approaching, I present a few holiday-specific prompt sets for those of you who are looking to strike up conversations related to Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, the Winter Solstice, and more.
I hope you have an opportunity to talk with the people you love and are able to create new memories in the moments to come. These prompts and all the others on the website may help navigate and continue the conversations you start in the next few weeks. My sincerest hope is that 2020 finds you talking more and listening better than ever before.
On to the Hanukkah prompts…
- Do you gather with family and friends for Hanukkah?
- Do you travel or stay put for Hanukkah?
- Is there a menorah that has special meaning to you? What does it mean to you? Who did it come from or belong to?
- Any fun or quirky traditions for Hanukkah?
- Have your traditions changed for Hanukkah changed over the years? How? Why?
- Did someone make Hanukkah extra special for you?
- Do you have any sad Hanukkah memories? Why are they sad? Do you have anyone who can remember them with you?
Memory prompts specific to Hanukkah…
- What is your favorite memory of Hanukkah?
- Who were you with when you made the memory?
- When did it happen?
- Where were you?
- What makes it your favorite?
- Why do you want to remember it?
- What do you want other people to know about this moment?
You can find prompts about the holidays here. The 5-minute storytelling scripts are a great way to reconnect daily with the people you love and care for. Please share them with the caregiver in your life. Knowing what to say and how to say it can make all the difference in the world in someone’s day. Reach out to someone you haven't talked to this year!