With the music in the stores switching over and the realization that the Yule Time is rapidly approaching, I present the first of a few holiday-specific prompt sets for those of you who are looking to strike up conversations related to Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, the Winter Solstice, and more.
I hope you have an opportunity to talk with the people you love and are able to create new memories in the moments to come. These prompts and all the others on the website may help navigate and continue the conversations you start in the next few weeks. My sincerest hope is that 2021 finds you talking more and listening better than ever before.
On to the Winter Solstice prompts…
- Do you gather with family and friends for the Winter Solstice?
- Do you travel or stay put for Winter Solstice?
- Any fun or quirky traditions?
- Have your traditions changed changed over the years? How? Why?
- Did someone make it extra special for you?
- Do you have any sad Winter Solstice memories? Why are they sad? Do you have anyone who can remember them with you?
Memory prompts specific to the Winter Solstice…
- What is your favorite memory of the Winter Solstice?
- Who were you with when you made the memory?
- When did it happen?
- Where were you?
- What makes it your favorite?
- Why do you want to remember it?
- What do you want other people to know about this moment?
You can find prompts about the holidays here. The 5-minute storytelling scripts are a great way to reconnect daily with the people you love and care for. Please share them with the caregiver in your life. Knowing what to say and how to say it can make all the difference in the world in someone’s day. Reach out to someone you haven't talked to this year!