As we wind down the month of December and begin looking to a new year, I present the last set if a series of holiday-specific prompt sets for those of you who are looking to strike up conversations related to Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, the Winter Solstice, and more.
I hope you have an opportunity to talk with the people you love and are able to create new memories in the moments to come. These prompts and all the others on the website may help navigate and continue the conversations you start in the next few weeks. My sincerest hope is that 2020 finds you talking more and listening better than ever before.
On to the Kwanzaa prompts…
- Do you gather with family and friends for Kwanzaa?
- Do you travel or stay put?
- Any fun or quirky traditions?
- Have your traditions changed over the years? How? Why?
- Did someone make extra special for you?
- Do you have any sad memories? Why are they sad? Do you have anyone who can remember them with you?
Memory prompts specific to Kwanzaa…
- What is your favorite memory of Kwanzaa?
- Who were you with when you made the memory?
- When did it happen?
- Where were you?
- What makes it your favorite?
- Why do you want to remember it?
- What do you want other people to know about this moment?
You can find more prompts about the holidays here. The 5-minute storytelling scripts are a great way to reconnect daily with the people you love and care for. Please share them with the caregiver in your life. Knowing what to say and how to say it can make all the difference in the world in someone’s day. Reach out to someone you haven’t talked to this year! You never know where the conversation will go.
Pingback: Documenting religious memories and moments | The Legacy Recorder